Waterloo’s metropolis council has directed its solicitor to serve discover to the property proprietor(s) of 123 Moore Ave. S., as required by the Expropriations Act.
JUST THE FACTS
• In 2019, council authorised capital funding for the reconstruction of Union Road East (King to Moore). The design course of decided the complete acquisition of 123 Moore Ave. S. is required to deal with current sightline points, facilitate separated biking services and implement a secondary Spurline Path crossing.
• Traditionally, in accordance with a workers report, the nook of Union Road and Moore Avenue has raised many issues from a site visitors perspective. Security enhancements are meant to profit drivers, cyclists and pedestrians, together with many college students strolling to close by Elizabeth Ziegler Public College.
• The town’s makes an attempt to have acquisition discussions with the proprietor(s) of the property have been unsuccessful. Based on a property search, 123 Moore Ave. S. is owned by Michael and Catherine Slothbouber, who bought the property again in 2013.
• Based on metropolis workers, the lands are at present getting used and occupied by tenants to function an vehicle restore store, PTN Automotive. The enterprise operator was unavailable for remark previous to a report going to council on Monday to authorize the motion.
• Expropriation proceedings will cease provided that a negotiated settlement is reached and the conveyance of the lands takes place earlier than the expropriation course of is completed. Expropriation of the lands is on an “as is” foundation, and upon acquisition, town would assume all accountability for the property.
• The fee might be coated by means of the venture funds for the reconstruction of Union Road.
Is one thing occurring your neighborhood you need to know extra about? E mail the newsroom at [email protected].